Here are this week’s episodes from the Objectivism related podcasts I try to listen to. They are all great sources of information and insight on applying objectivist principles to everyday life.
- Free will and moral responsibility
- Values destroyed by statism
- Leaving an inmate boyfriend
- Privacy in marriage
- Rapid fire questions
- Do you think that freedom of speech already has been lost such that revolution is necessary?
- What should the government’s role be regarding pollution?
- Should one accept unearned guilt?
- Are naked credit default swaps ethical?
- Is it immoral to work for organizations that advocate for statist ideas?
There are tons of great lectures and presentations available from the Ayn Rand estore. This week I have been listening to:
- The History of America – Part 5: Modern America, 1920-1975 by Eric Daniels. This whole series is well worth the cost, which is quite modest for the 30+ hours of content. Eric Daniels gives a great overview of the ideas behind the events in American history.
- The Inductive Way to Understand the Sky by David Harriman. I’ve always been an astronomy buff, so much of the material was review, but I was more interested in the method he presents for teaching it, and by extension for teaching other subjects.